World footballer of the year Cristiano Ronaldo suddenly became a subject of transfer speculation to Manchester United but the player’s reported exit from the Santiago Bernabeu now seem highly unlikely, as the President of Los Blancos Floretino Perez debunk players possible departure, report Starsport.
Ronaldo came under staunch criticism by the fans of Real Madrid after he was accused of evading tax earlier in this month and Man United was tipped to be his next footballing destination. Mourinho is want to bolster his attack and it was thought that he would welcome the Portuguese international with open alms at Old Trafford.
Perez admitted that Ronaldo is quite angry at how things have turned out for him but he reiterated that he is certain the star player would stay put at the Santiago Bernabeu, slamming shut the possibility of joining Man United or any other Club.
“I know Cristiano is angry, but I think he will stay,” Perez told esRadio.
“I haven’t spoken with him,” Perez said of Ronaldo. “The only thing that has to be done is to wait and talk after the Confederations [Cup].”
“He is angry. He is a man of integrity and has fulfilled with his duties.
“There are many people who have wanted to hurt him with taxes and other topics and he feels it.
Ronaldo is currently representing the Portuguese National team in Russia for the Confederations Cup, where they will lock horns with Chile on Wednesday in a Semi-final showdown.
Ronaldo is represented by super agent Jorge Mendes and Perez revealed that he has been in communication with him, with the hopes that he will have a chat with Ronaldo when he returns to Spain.
“I have spoken with Mendes about him. No need to worry more than [is needed].”
Ronaldo joined Madrid from Man United in a record £80million deal in the summer of 2009.