Chelsea are keen for more players at Stamford Bridge as the transfer window draws to a close.
The Blues have already added four new signings this summer but Antonio Conte, not fully contended with how it has gone so far for Chelsea in the window wants more additions.
The Italian manager is said to be on the lookout for a winger and a midfielder while he is also reportedly keen to build the English ‘core’ of players to complement his dressing room. And he has Arsenal’s Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Leicester City midfielder Danny Drinkwater as well as Everton’s Ross Barkley on his transfer list.
And as per reports from the Sun, Chelsea are planning to hold talks with Everton chiefs over a possible transfer for Barkley after their match against the Toffees at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
The Premier League champions are prepared to offer Everton £30 million for the English midfielder. Tottenham have also been credited with an interest in Barkley and are said to be favourites to land him.
Spurs are willing to offer him £28 million but Conte believes his club can hijack the bid for the England international with Chelsea offering a higher amount.
Barkley is currently out for three months after suffering a hamstring injury during training and he is in the final year of his contract at the Goodison Park.
Everton owner Farhad Moshiri and chairman Bill Kenwright are expected at Stamford Bridge for the Sunday match after which discussion will reportedly be held concerning the transfer.