Antonio Conte confirm double injury blow for Chelsea ahead of Brighton clash but Barkley back


Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has delivered the latest injury news ahead of their crunch tie with newly promoted Premier League side, Brighton. The Italian manager revealed that Chelsea new boy Ross Barkley is fit and is in contention for game, while Cesc Fabregas and Gary Cahill are ruled out for the big one.

Barkley joined Chelsea last week but he’s yet to feature for the Blues after recovering from a hamstring injury he picked up last season. He is yet to play this season as he continues to journey to full fitness and he could make his debut for Chelsea on Saturday.

Speaking ahead of the game with the Seagulls , Conte said:

“I think Ross is in a good physical condition,” “Yesterday he played 70 minutes. Tomorrow he is in the squad and comes with us. I don’t know if during the game I decide to give him the chance to play or wait, or if the game doesn’t ask this type of situation. He has to work with us in our idea. Now he is in the squad.”

Conte has given up the hope of winning the League title but the battle for top four is on. Chelsea are currently in fourth place on the Premier League log but a win over Brighton will put them level on points with second placed Manchester United.

There is no telling how Conte intends to use Barkley in his new 3-5-2 formation. We suspect that the Italian tactician will revert to playing the 3-4-3 formation that won him the League – and this is in a bid to accommodate Barkey.

Conte confirmed that he will be without Fabregas and Cahill.

“They are out. I need to check on a couple of other situation,” he said.

Loading...
Previous Jose Mourinho officially make announcement on Sanchez/Mkhi swap deal
Next Done deal: €40m-rated Liverpool prime target agrees deal with club