Michael Carrick replacement? agent of £36m-rated Man United DM target delivers transfer update


Agent of Italy and Napoli versatile midfielder Jorginho, has confirmed Manchester United interest in the player, according to report.

Jorginho joined Napoli in the January of 2014 and since then, he has been a regular for the side following his consistent barnstorming display for the Seria A side.

He can play across any position in midfield and his ability to break down possession favours him more as a box-to-box and defensive midfielder.

Manchester United are already preparing for the glorious exit of Michael Carrick and the uncertainty over the future of Marouane Fellaini has forced them to be scampering for a midfielder. While United are heavily credited with interest for Jorhingo, Liverpool are also heavily linked with a move for him.

Liverpool are also uncertain of the future of Emre Can and they are yet to sign a replacement for Philippe Coutinho, who joined Barcelona in January.

Although, the January transfer window is yet months away,  Joao Santos who represents Jorginho revealed that he’s been contacted by Premier League clubs over their interest for the 26-year-old star.

“We’ll talk about his contract situation at the end of the season,” Santos told RMC Sport.

“If the club wants to do something, we are ready to talk after May 20.”

He continued: “Jorginho is happy at Napoli, he is first choice in a team that is challenging for the Scudetto.

“He is also first choice in the Italy squad, so it’s only normal some English clubs will ask for information. Having said that, there is nothing official.”

The Italy international has led Napoli to competing for the Scudetto this season but he may be looking to lace his boots for a club outside his comfort zone.

Transfermarkt has valued him  at £36.00m, a fee which could be called paltry giving the nature of the transfer window

Loading...
Previous Squad no. picked: €100m-rated winger eager for Man United move, Mourinho likes player
Next Shock in the Emirates as Arsene Wenger delivers confirmation update on his exit